This is not an event notice. For information on the next open course or to ask abut a closed course at your institution, please contact us.
The Cambridge Certificate in Educational Leadership is available in both English and Spanish.
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications (Cambridge PDQs) are based on the latest research and best practices in teaching, learning and leadership and cover four themes each at certificate and diploma level :
- Teaching and Learning
- Educational Leadership
- Teaching Bilingual Learners (coming soon)
- Teaching with Digital Technologies
Each syllabus focuses on professional development needs that matter most to schools, leaders and teachers. The Certificate comprises the first of the three modules of the respective Cambridge PDQ Diploma.
- meet the needs and priorities of the individual and the school
- support school based professional development
- enhance professional thinking and practice to improve the quality of learning
- provide international benchmarks for professional learning leading to valuable certification and progression
- energise professional learning communities.
Cambridge PDQs are practice-based. Candidates produce a portfolio of evidence of their professional practice, learning and reflection which is submitted to Cambridge when ready for assessment. Certificates require approximately 120-hours :
- 48 hours face-to-face
- 40 hours course-related
- 8 hours academic writing and requirements for portfolio success
- 40 hours individual and collaborative learning
- 40 hours work-based learning
Cambridge PDQ Certificates are available in Chile through the British University, the UCBC.
The Cambridge Certificate Educational Leadership enables leaders to :
- improve their leadership of the quality of learning and teaching and the development of their schools
- develop critical engagement with key leadership theories, concepts and challenges
- focus on effective and reflective leadership practice.
- increase your knowledge and understanding of successful leadership
- develop your leadership skills
- enhance your performance as an educational leader.
SENCE Yes, partially
English Level Minimum CEFR-B2
For more information on Cambridge PDQs, contact us.