This is not an event notice, so if you would like to know when a programme is to be offered, join our emailing list and like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to receive regular updates.
An introductory programme providing an overview of the role and responsibilities of a Head of Department
- General vision, key policies and procedures, national, local and school-level considerations
- Curriculum, design, standardisation, resources, evaluation
- Staffing, management and supervision, selection
- Finance, budgeting, control
- Extra-curricular, extension activities
Note : this does not consider classroom Teaching.
- Current Heads of Department or co-ordinators and aspirants to the role
- Current or aspirant Heads of other Departments would find this useful
- School Leaders, Academic Directors and similar
Format Face-to-face interactive seminar
Series Educational Leadership
Level Two (Extension)
Pre-requisites English CEFR-B2
Number of hours 8
Ley SEP eligible Yes
For more information, to ask about our next open course or to speak with a programme advisor about closed enrolment programmes at your school or institution, contact us.