- Relevant degree
- Teaching qualification
- CEFR-C1 level of English or higher (except for Spanish language or Spanish literature teachers)
- if you do not have an English-language qualification, or if your qualification is more than two years old, ask us about a Británico Level Test
- International experience (study, employment, travel) would be advantageous
- Prior CIE experience would be advantageous
- CIE training would be would be advantageous
How to apply
Either in response to a position announcement or speculatively, simply send us an application in the following format, scanned into a single pdf file. No other formats or incomplete applications will be accepted.
- Page 1 : Personal summary
- Your name, email address and telephone number
- Position sought
- Location sought
- Level : please choose : Cambridge Primary (G1 – 5), Cambridge Secondary I (G6 – 8), Cambridge Secondary II / IGCSE (G9 – 10), Cambridge Advanced / AS, A-Levels (G11 – 12)
- School type : please choose : municipal (public), state-supported (“subvencionado”), private, religious (which?), secular, boys-only, girls-only, co-educational
- Main teaching Subject Areas (please list only; do not explain these on the cover sheet)
- Other teaching Subject Areas (please list only; do not explain these on the cover sheet)
- Courses, examinations you have taught and at what level(s) (please list only; do not explain these on the cover sheet)
- Extra-curricular clubs or programmes you have led and at what level(s) (please list only; do not explain these on the cover sheet)
- Employment Authorisation status : are you entitled to work in Chile? for example : a Chilean citizen? permanent resident? what visa do you hold?
- Date of submission of this application
- Your signature
- Page 2 : Qualifications summary : date awarded, title of qualification, awarding body, subject areas / majors, English language qualifications (and levels)
- Page 3 : Experience summary : start and end dates, name of school, position held, programmes and levels taught, other responsibilities, extra-curricular activities led (with results if applicable)
- Page 4 : Personal Statement in no more than 500 words
- Page 5 : Statement of your Educational Philosophy in no more than 500 words
- Optional : Pages 6 – 8 : up to three recent professional references (each reference must also contain the referee´s contact details)
Your application file is what will be seen by potential recruiters. If you are called to an interview, you will be told at that time if you need to take anything else. There is no fee for this service to candidates. Please indicate in your email if you wish your application also to be reviewed by the British Institute.
Please click here to send us your application. Anything other than what is specified above will not be accepted.
Please click here for the list of current vacancies.