A clear definition is really your, your school´s and your department´s Mission Statement.
A clear definition determines direction.
A clear definition focuses goals and objectives and provides a basis for change.
A clear definition provides a framework for thinking and a template for decision-making.
A clear definition forms the basis for consistency and provides a common language.
A clear definition shapes strategy, and facilitates evaluation and improvement.
By “English”, do you mean :
- the Use of English – oral, writen, visual
- the Study of English – etymology, varieties, semantics, philology, sociolinguistics
- the Study of English Literature – literature in its context, reader. response, analysis and criticism
- preparation for English Examinations – such as Cambridge English for Young Learners, Cambridge English for Schools
- English as a Service Subject – such as English for Mathematics, English for Science, English as a Medium of Instruction, “Content and Language Integrated Learning”
We can help!
Contact us to speak with a programme specialist and to learn how defining “English” is the first step to introducing, developing or improving your programme.